RichC

I'm just a little cleavage monkey

6.07.2005

Confession, I steal cell phones

Well, I don't actually steal them, I just move them. If someone here at work leaves their cellphone at their desk and then disappears for an hour or so while the over-possessive girlfriend keeps calling every 5 minutes and activating the effing "Dukes of Hazzard" ring tone, I can't be held responsible.

I think this operates along the same idea as the chinese water torture. While it doesn't sound nearly as bad as pulling out fingernails, over the course of time it can push somebody over the edge, (especially if they were already precariously balanced to begin with.)

I'm glad for you, really I am. I see you walking down the street, white earbuds, yapping into your Razor, and POW! the techno kid strikes again.

And yes, I suffer from technolust too. And Father's Day is just around the corner.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger Ubermilf said…

    You're hinting at something. I'm not sure what it is.

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger Captain Beefheart said…

    What is it about the concept of "mobile" when it comes to mobile phones that people don't get? Do they deliberately leave them on their desks then sneak off to another office and ring themselves just to annoy their coworkers?

    Any abandoned cellphone should be treated taken away and humanely destroyed. Their owner obviously isn't interested in looking after them so why should we have to deal with them?! Grrr!!!

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger Fella said…

    I stole some kidneys from a hospital once.

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Similar pet peeve - people who leave their music playing when they are away from their desks. Especially when they've left the office for the day. It's kind of the desktop equivalent of leaving the seat up. My revenge (always) is to turn it off, carefully re-setting their speaker volume to the maximum level for when they turn it on again.

    Also, people who borrow something from my office (like a chair) and promise (but fail) to bring it back? I promise (but fail) to return their keyboard or mouse. Once is usually all it takes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home